Milgard Windows Screen
Propose a new system, technology, format, or functionality to improve window screens:
1. What is your idea to improve window screens?
2. How does this functionality improve on the functions of screens and/or avoid some of their setbacks?
3. Why will consumers be excited to purchase new windows with your advanced screens?
4. (Optional) Sketches, CAD renderings, drawings, mock-ups, charts, videos, graphs or any other visuals that better illustrate your idea.
Your idea doesn't have to be a screen, it must be something that lets air flow in and out but not bugs, debris, children etc... maintain the function of a screen with less or no drawbacks.
Things to consider:
- New ideas only: Please make sure your idea isn't something that is already in production such as retractable window screens.
- How it's currently done: Screens are typically built from roll formed steel or aluminum or extruded aluminum with fiberglass or steel mesh and plastic injection molded corner keys. Screen mesh is held in place by a flexible rubber spline pushed into a groove in the aluminum or steel and pinching the mesh in place
- Keep it practical! Unless you have a compelling methodology as to how it could be accomplished, things like lasers or force fields are a little too far outside the scope of this project.
- Cost is key! Ideas that have a sky-high price point are not the best fit for this project, we want consumers to purchase these new screens!
- Illustrations help! It's not required, but an illustration of how your idea works could go a long way towards helping us understand it. We won't judge based on artistic ability!