Windows Screen Cleaning
Without regular maintenance and cleaning a window screen can become dirty, damaged and will eventually need to be replaced. It’s always less expensive to clean your screens than it is to replace them, so save yourself a little money and take the time to take care of those screens.
Here are a few questions and answers to help you maintain your window screens, so they’ll last just as long as your windows.
How do I clean a window screen?
- First, remove it from the window frame.
- Use a mixture of mild soap and water and scrub the screen with a soft bristle brush.
- Brush both sides of the screen and around the interior and exterior of the frame.
- Rinse off the unit with lukewarm water.
- Make sure you allow the screen to dry completely before replacing it in the window.
Are there any “do’s and don’ts” of window screen cleaning?
Yes. NEVER pressure wash a window screen or window. The force of the water could damage the screen or window.
How often should window screens be cleaned?
Yearly cleaning is suggested.